simplify and organize
As I have mentioned before I am not a naturally organized person and I admittedly have some pretty bad habits that probably make my life a lot harder than it has to be and cause me to go into fits of frustation on an all too frequent basis. Because of all of these things I am always looking for ways to make my life easier, happier, more organized and carefree- which I know is virtually impossible but I like to have hope.
I subscribe to Oprah's Thought for Today newsletter and recently the newsletter was titled 10 Habits of Highly Organized People, so you can imagine this is a must read for me. I actually thought the rules were pretty good, here are my favorites.
1. WALK AWAY FROM BARGAINS- You really don't need 5 jars of ketchup and neither does your over crowed pantry!
2. MAKE PEACE WITH IMPERFECTIONS- Just do your BEST on the most important things, everything else just get done- this is something that is very difficult for me, but when I do it my life is so much easier!
3. NEVER LABEL ANYTHING MISC.- Really, why even bother labeling?
4. SCHEDULE REGULAR DECLUTTERING SESSIONS- scheduling is the key for almost anything you really don't want to do or really anything you really want to do
8. SEPARATE EMOTIONS FROM POSSESSIONS- Basically throw away your crap! You don't need to save everything- this is something my Dad and husband are very good at or maybe a little too good at.
I am going to try to remember and follow these rules, maybe I will pull out less of my hair because of them. And since we are on the topic of organization it is about time we have The Container Store in Charlotte again, wahoo! It just opened this past weekend at SouthPark Mall so go, go now.